Tuesday, October 12, 2010

YOU DON'T MAKE FRIENDS WITH SALAD.....
As some of you know it's been four months now since I had my baby Willow.  I'm in need of loosing some unwanted baby weight, so my husband and I are on a two week dinner salad kick.  He's so awesome that he agreed to eat only salads for dinner with me for the next two weeks.  We'll see how that goes and perhaps I can convince him to continue, with  "special" meals on weekends.  
I came up with 10 "meal" type salads and I've decided to post them on here with the recipe because they are going to be soooo delicious.  Tonight was our first night and it was a huge success.  Salad number one was originally called a "BLT" salad, but I decided to replace B with some P!! P standing for prosciutto.  

Here is the recipes and some photos for your enjoyment!!

Ingredients

Mixed lettuce
Fresh basil leaves
Tomato slices
Mozzarella slices
Smoked prosciutto 

Dressing
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 
1tlbs of maple syrop
1 clove of garlic
fresh pepper to taste




1 comment: