Tuesday, October 19, 2010

CAKE POPS!!!
I recently discovered these cute little creations all over the internet and was surprised I had never heard of them before.  For whatever reason they got me really excited and I couldn't stop talking about wanting to make them. My friends little girls 1st birthday is this weekend and we were asked to bring a little something to eat.  What better opportunity then a birthday party to make cake pops!!  It was a really fun project and they taste really good too.  A little bit time consuming, but hey...I'm on maternity leave!  
Very very easy to make too.  I just used a chocolate cake mix and some chocolate icing.  You simply bake the cake and then crumble the entire thing in a bowl.  Mix in a tub of icing and form balls.  I froze the balls for about 4 hours (sucker sticks in before freezing).  Then I melted some pink chocolate pieces (bought at Michaels) and dipped them in.  Sprinkled a few little sprinkles on them and voila!  I'm geek so I went all out and wrapped them in individual sucker bags and added some ribbon.  Hey, I have a lot of decorations left over from the candy bar that I had at my wedding last year.  Here's some pics of the process.


1 comment:

  1. Great job Eli! These are probably like potato chips...can't eat just one :)

    ReplyDelete