Tuesday, October 19, 2010

WATERMELON...HMMMMMmmmm MY FAVORITE!!!
Every since I was pregnant watermelon became one of my all time favorite foods.  It's just so refreshing and juicy!  I don't even want to begin to think about how much of it I actually ate when I was pregnant.  I guess it's better then being hooked on ice cream.  I'd have a hell of a lot more weight to loose right now if that was the case.  
A while back I was watching one of the many shows that I enjoy on the food network.  They had an episode dedicated purely to watermelon and things that you can make with watermelon.  Who knew it would be delicious in a salad!?  Every since I've been making different variations of watermelon salad.  This one was super delicious and here is the recipe for you.  
Ingredients
Watermelon (of course)
Lettuce of your choice, I used baby spinach
Grilled chicken breast (I marinated mine in a bit of olive oil, lime juice and honey)
Crumbled goat cheese
Toasted sunflower seeds
Fresh mint
Balsamic Vinegar (simmered on medium heat until it forms a syrup)
Sea Salt 
Black Pepper
Olive oil
Fresh lime juice

3 comments:

  1. Another great salad creation! Wish you could skype those salads over to me everyday LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collette, that's CRAZY! That's not how Skype works ;) Skype is "Voice"-over-Internet-Protocol (VoIP). You need "Salad"-over-Internet-Protocol (SoIP). I read that something like this is in development - it's gonna be an app for the next generation iPad. Apparently, Steve Jobs (also a skinny man like your son) is a salad-fanatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1- Jesse is joking
    2- Jesse is being silly, there is no such thing as SoIP in development
    3- Steve Jobs is the guy who invented the Mac and yes, quite skinny, but it's due to his cancer treatment (or some unknown "bug") and therefore, he and i are actually nothing alike as i was born this way.
    4- Apple has released a sarcastic app that allows the user to filter out sarcastic and rude comments leaving only the initial point or message to be seen. As i apply it to your above message Jesse, i see the result is blank.
    5- There is no 5, i just wanted to round out this comment with a 5 because i like it.

    ReplyDelete