Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Inspired by Andy Warhol
Hello everyone, and thanks for checking out my new blog.  I've been feeling crafty lately and seemed to have found some time to get a lot of projects done.  Here is a project that I've been working on over the last week, and I'm very happy with how they turned out.  My husband Marty, my daughter Willow and I recently went to the National Art Gallery here in Ottawa to see the Pop exhibition that was on display.  There was an entire room of all original Andy Warhol.  It was very wonderful to have seen it and it inspired me to do this project.  I took some family photos and "Andy Warholified" them in Photoshop and then printed them on photo paper.  I've collaged them on hard cork place mats and then sprayed them with a polyurethane spray.  They turned out quite cool.  Here are a few photos of them.  Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!! What a great idea, Eli. The pic actually looks like Willow was 'posing' and yet she was but 2 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. notice her face is shaped like a heart....love that child!

    ReplyDelete