Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ITTIE BITTIE BABY MITTIES

I've been searching everyone for a pair a tiny mitts for my baby girl.  I have yet to find anything to fit her tiny hands, that doesn't cost $35!!  Give me a break, that's simply ridiculous.  I don't even pay that much money for mitts that fit my hands.  So I bought her a cute little hat and decided to knit her some simple little mitts to match.  Here they are and the pattern is extremely easy.  

Cast on 20 stitches (circular needles)
K1 P1 across, continue this pattern for 10 rows
Knit the entire next row and continue in stockinette stitch for 8 rows
On the next knit row, K2, K 2 together the whole way across
Purl a row
K1, K2 together the whole way across 
Purl a row
K2 together the whole row
Leave a long piece of yarn at the end and sew                     mittens up the sides.  (these are thumbless by the way)

1 comment:

  1. I love these... really like the colours that you picked. Funny how creative people tend to do just that... if they can't find what they want, they'll create it for themselves. Great job, Eli!

    ReplyDelete