Monday, January 10, 2011

GETTYSBURG
My father in law is only slightly obsessed with that place.  He literally travels there at least twice a year all the way from Ottawa to hunt for ghosts, no word of a lie.  I'm pretty sure if he could travel back in time he would have a giant handle bar mustache, a horse, a musket and would definitely reside in Gettysburg.  That being said, he asked my husband to ask me if I could draw him a picture of a famous photo taken of 3 prisoners in Gettysburg a very long time ago.  I decided to surprise him and paint him the photo instead for Christmas.  Needless to say he was pretty friggin excited to see it on Christmas when he opened it.  There was a lot of little detail in that painting and being the procrastinator that I am left it, for the most part, until two weeks before Christmas.  There were times when I was going to give up, but I knew how stoked he would be to get it and that kept me going.  
So check it out!  I'll post a photo of the original as well.

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PHOTO

2 comments:

  1. Now that's talent!! A thoughtful, generous gift indeed plus a family heirloom. Ron LOVES it!! Thank you, sweetie XoXo Colette

    ReplyDelete