Tuesday, December 28, 2010

AND CHRISTMAS IS OVER...JUST LIKE THAT!
So I guess I can finally start posting some of the things I have been working on that were gifts.  This is a painting that I did for my brother, he is obsessed with anything wildlife, nature, and especially trees.  The painting is of an Australian gum tree and has a line from the Australian nursery rhyme "Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree" written on it.  
It is acrylic paints on a wood canvas.  I attempted to cover this painting in a resin coating.  It didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped, however it looked pretty cool the way it did turn out.  Mixing that resin was not a fun task.  I had plans to finish two table tops and this painting.  Lets just say the tables went to the dumpster and some how I managed to salvage the painting.  
Back to work for me in one week!  I can't believe it's been 7 months already.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh! Two table tops? That sounds very nice! I would have liked to see those. ;)

    ReplyDelete